*/

June 27, 2011

My Bio: A Brief Glimpse of Harold Waters

Hello, alumni! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I wanted to give you guys a brief snapshot of my professional background.

My name is Harold Waters and i joined the UGA School of Social Work team as the Alumni Development Director on June 1, 2011. I am a proud UGA grad, earning my Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Georgia’s Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication in 1998.

During my career, I have had the pleasure of working in the areas of marketing, media, and public relations, all the while developing an extensive managerial skill set. After spending the early part of my career with Morris Communications and Gannett, I moved back to the Classic City in 2001 to join the Athens Banner-Herald as Marketing Director.

After a few years in that position, I was fortunate to accept a similar position at  Timothy Baptist Church, where I worked for six and a half years.

In 2008, I took all the experience gained in the corporate world and started my own Marketing & Graphic Design firm, Greaterwerks Marketing. At Greaterwerks, we serve clients with quality graphic design, web development and marketing strategies. It was through my work at Greaterwerks that I was able to work with the School of Social Work. After completing some web development and design projects, I had the opportunity to work with the External Affairs team on the Donald L. Hollowell documentary premiere. My work with the staff at Tucker Hall was so enjoyable that I jumped at the opportunity to join the team when the position became available. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked hand-in-hand with my predecessor, Laura Ciucevich, who served the School of Social Work faithfully for many years before her retirement in 2010.

Just like most of you, I bleed Red & Black! I have such fond memories of UGA and Athens. I met my lovely wife Kara at UGA and I spent some of the best years of my life on or around the campus. Now, we have two beautiful children and we live comfortably here in Athens.

Well, that was a brief bio on me. If you have any questions for me, please post them as a comment or e-mail me and I'll be glad to talk to you directly. As I step in to my new role at Tucker Hall, I am so excited about meeting everyone! We have many exciting things on the horizon and I cannot wait to get you guys plugged in to our great network of Social Work alumni!

Thanks in advance for your support!

Go Dawgs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment